Leadership Changes and Business Progression
Like many companies, we started as a small family-owned business. With humble beginnings starting in 1992 as a balustrading company and more recently enjoying continued rapid growth following the launch of Glide-On balconies in 2014. At Sapphire Balconies, our commitment to quality and innovation has been the secret to our progress and rich history.
It is time to congratulate our Founder Andrew Parsons for building a solid foundation that has remained consistent and respected. We are now celebrating a significant milestone; a business that started at his home has hit its 30-year mark. We have also become a dominant market leader, well-reputed for our values, innovation, and products.
Andrew Parsons recently celebrated his 60th birthday and announced some aspirations to ensure Sapphire’s continuing success whilst allowing the next-generation opportunity to step up.
Exciting changes within Sapphire Balconies
- Andrew has resigned from the Sapphire board of Directors but remains a Group Director of ATW Holdings. He is still actively involved as a Technical Consultant to Sapphire and continues to run the ATW foundation (Sapphire and ATW Group’s charitable giving and community support). Andrew will still be available for attending necessary meetings to help with innovations or specific design challenges.
- Tristan Parsons, Andrew’s eldest son, continues to operate as Group Managing Director; he has now clarified his main focus by formalising his role as Managing Director of our sister company MyDek and resigning from the Sapphire Balconies Ltd board. Tristan has been involved with MyDek since its start-up in 2018. Alongside Andrew, this frees up a second available space on the Sapphire Board of Directors
- Luke Haughton (Joint MD- Business Development), Evan Lindsell (Join MD- Operations) and Warren Parsons (Pre-Construction Director), long-standing members of the Sapphire Balconies board, remain unchanged. All Three have been working together for the last 16 years since 2006.
- Murray Lindsell (who joined Sapphire 12 ago) has worked his way up from the factory, then Contract Management and has been promoted to Design and Projects Director.
- Lee Goodenough has worked through the Sales and Commercial Team and has been appointed as Sales & Commercial Director at Sapphire Balconies.
Somethings Never Change
Whilst being a fast-changing organisation, our adaptability doesn’t change who we are. Even with the recent significant leadership changes within the organisations, some things that will never change within Sapphire Balconies are
- Our strong values
- Our Purpose of “Innovation to Prosper the Community.”
- Our Vision of “The balcony of Choice Globally.”
Understand more about our 30-year heritage